Taking an initiative steps towards Skill Development
India is a populous country. There is a high amount of Youth population in India. But the bitter truth is that they don’t have skills. Despite having most reputed institutes in India, many youths are suffering from unemployment or under-employment. They lack in skills and this is the main aspect despite studying so hard from IIM, IIT.
They are not trained at the industry level. Corporate focus: Most companies in India play lip service to training. Everyone grumbles about the poor quality of skilled labor, but only a handful, like L&T, have invested significantly in skill training. Most companies do not want to bear the cost of training because of high staff turnover and because customers don't run away due to poor service. Many also complained about the poor quality of third party training institutions.
The government has invested in bringing in the required machinery and infrastructure for training. To implement the mission, the center has entered into a first-ever Public-Private partnership. The funds for training purposes shall be complemented by private funding. The government promotes training and various companies have come forward as an initiative of Corporate Social Responsibility.
We live in an era where we still deal with ambiguity trends. The government has taken many steps, campaigns for youth skills. Start doing something, learn what you love or do in which you have an interest.
Have goals. Think different from others. Develop your knowledge in every aspect. Economic progression will lead to good technology advancements, through skill development, so there has been a rise in the education patterns. A very good conducive environment is created for employment, technological advancements and education systems. through skill development. globalization has increased purchasing power, growing consciousness, e-commerce. They are all contributing to the rapid growth.
By using the skills effectively, in the jobs, players, as well as the learners, will be able to do better and have better quality lives. India, today has become a global competitor. They can do and achieve any success if given the parameters of vocational or skilled or technical training in wholesome.
For working at the industry level we should have great control over our communication skills. Now you were wondering, why communication skill is important but it is the most important aspect for any industry. It helps to convey your thoughts, view on a particular topic. The increasing diversity of today's workforce brings a wide variety of languages and customs.
So we are living in a digital era, and all should have a little bit of knowledge of computer. Because computer skill is also important in every job sector. Computer skills are becoming a necessity for conducting administrative and office tasks.
Your company should start a workforce where they can groom newbies in the office. They can learn new things about their work. They will get experienced from these seminars.
PMKVY is the flagship scheme of the Ministry of Skill Development & Entrepreneurship. The objective is to enable a large number of Indian youth to take up industry-relevant skill training that will help them in securing a better livelihood. Individuals with prior learning experience or skills will also be assessed and certified under the Recognition of Prior Learning (RPL). Under this Scheme, Training and Assessment fees are completely paid by the Government.
I’m going to share some tips for skill development:
- Curious: Be curious about what you are doing. Being curious will help you learn faster. You will go further and deeper than those who develop their skills because they must. Make a habit to ask everything and start doing by that from now on-wards. Make things interesting, explore yourself on that topic.
- Develop learning skills: When you start doing this, you will automatically start loving the process. Learn new things than your regular basis. Learn graphic designing, web application. Explore yourself to the extent, so that whenever someone asks you, you can answer them correctly.
- Versatilist: A versatilist is someone who can easily adapt to new situations and quickly develop the skills necessary to excel. Don’t just stick to your routine. Learn new things wherever possible. Talk to different people that you don’t know. Learn their good qualities and accept their flaws.
- Role models: Find your perfect role model and follow their steps. Learn what they failed in. This will help you succeed in your life faster. Your role models give you a standard to achieve so that you know where and how far you should go in developing your skills. Also, if you have mentors than they will help to guide you from the potholes and every strange situation. Ideally, your mentors are also your role models but at least they are those who are more experienced than you. Often you should give first before someone is willing to become your mentor.
- Shorten your learning cycle: The speed of your skill development depends on the length of your learning cycle. The shorter your learning cycle, the faster you will develop your skills.
Take feed-backs for your work. You will know what you are lacking behind. Learn from your failures and try not to repeat those mistakes. Learn as much as possible from the feedback to get the most possible points for improvements.
The key to living your fullest potential in developing your skills. You can only live your fullest potential if you always develop your skills so that you can give better and better value over time.